Trusted and
Professional Advisers

For your Individual and Business tax filing


Trusted and
Professional Advisers

For your Individual and Business tax filing

About us

Check Refund Status/Pay Tax Online

Refund Status
Pay Tax Online
Get Your Tax Records

IRS Contact Information:

IRS Local Office Locator https://apps.irs.gov/app/officeLocator/index.jsp
IRS Contact Number for Individuals 800-829-1040
IRS Contact Number for Businesses 800-829-4933

Note: Please make sure to have a copy of your tax return handy while checking the refund status/payment online.

Apply ITIN for Yourself, Spouse or Dependents

  • An ITIN is a nine-digit number issued by the IRS to individuals who requires an identification number for federal tax purposes.
  • Any individual( can be taxpayer for himself, spouse or dependents claimed on the tax return) who is not eligible to get the SSN can apply for ITIN. ITIN shall be used only for tax filing purposes and does not entitle the individual to work or change the immigration status.
  • An individual can apply for an ITIN and an application (Form W7) for the same shall be attached to the Federal Tax Return only. For more information, please visit https://www.irs.gov/forms-pubs/about-form-w-7

How long should you keep records?

Generally, you must keep your records that support an item of income, deduction or credit shown on your tax return until the period of limitations for that tax return runs out.

You must keep your records as long as they may be needed for the administration of any provision of the Internal Revenue Code. Generally, it is 3 years from the date of filing the tax returns unless the taxpayer filed a fraudulent tax return or under-reporting of income.

The IRS doesn't require you to keep your records in a particular way. Keep them in a manner that allows you and the IRS to determine your correct tax.

You can use your checkbook to keep a record of your income and expenses. You also need to keep documents, such as receipts and sales slips that can help prove a deduction.

To Summarize:

Every Taxpayer shall keep their records for at least 3 years from the date of filing their tax returns.

The taxpayer shall keep the documents with respect to Income and all the items claimed as either deduction or credit.

It is advised to keep the W2 documents until you start receiving the Social Security Benefits.

IRS may come back anytime within 3 years seeking supporting documents related to any/all of the items including income reported on the tax returns.

It is very important especially when the taxpayer claims Itemized Deduction instead of Standard Deduction on the tax return. For every deduction that you are claiming under Itemized Deductions, taxpayer must be able to maintain appropriate proof of payment which may include receipts, cancelled checks, bank and/or credit card statements.

If the taxpayer would not be able to substantiate the expenses claimed when sought by the IRS, then the IRS has every right to collect the taxes which the taxpayer claimed through itemization